The Site is also used to market the Simply Connect services.
What is considered personal information?
Depending on the jurisdiction, certain identifiers are considered to be personal information or a similar term, and these are private. An individual’s business contact information and business title generally are exempt from privacy laws. Information about an individual’s health, including insurance and billing information, is considered, depending on the jurisdiction/laws” Protected Health Information (PHI).
This Policy covers information manually submitted to, or automatically collected by, Simply Connect through use of the public Site. If you contact or exchange information with another Simply Connect customer or business partner in person or through a means other than through the public Site, such activity is not covered by this Policy.
Information Collected by the Site
There are two ways information can be submitted to us, direct and automatic submission. Automatic Submission triggered by any interaction with the Site through a computer, mobile device or tablet.
Information is submitted to us directly via the site when you fill out a contact form, upload a file, request a demonstration, answer survey questions, or provide any other information by filling out fields on the Site.
Whenever your computer, mobile device or tablet visits, logs in or otherwise interacts with the Site, the operating software of your device transmits a ‘request’ to us. That request includes non-personal information that is necessary to identify and route the information your device is requesting. This communication is necessary for all website and Internet services.
Analytics software such as Google Analytics is used to track and analyze page usage behavior to improve performance in the use of the Site. We use this to track only what pages you visit and where you navigate, and do not use it to track any Personal Information. Please review how Google uses your Personal Information here.
Use of Information:
Within this Site, we collect information as necessary to communicate with you:
- To follow up on inquiries, form submissions, demo requests and other informational requests.
- To contact customers and prospective customers regarding current and future needs as a customer, or to communicate future promotions or special events which might benefit them.
- Marketing, services and sales purposes (e.g., if you complete a form to register for a webinar or download content.
- To make administrative announcements to customers about system downtime, new features, services, products, terms, or other aspects of the Services.
- To perform audits, research, measurements and analyses in an effort to maintain, administer, support, enhance and protect the Site, including determining usage trends and patterns and measuring the effectiveness of content, advertising or features.
- To help us prioritize new features, products or services based on your input.
We may track and analyze non-identifying, aggregate usage, and volume statistical information from our visitors and customers and may provide such information to third parties whose services we utilize to administer our website, such as Google Analytics.
We do not sell your Personal Information (or non-personal information regardless of whether it can be used in any way to identify you).
Cookies are used in the following ways:
- Save user preferences
- Preserve session settings and activities
- Provide auto-fill functionality for those who use the Services frequently
- Collect usage data to better understand usage patterns
Data collected using cookies can include:
- Date and time a ‘request’ is transmitted through the Site
- The model of the device making the request
- The type and version of the operating software running on the device
- The web browser used on the device and making the request
- Visiting domain or IP address
- Geographic location
- Time zone
- Search terms used
- URLs visited
- Information about some of the cookies that are installed on your computer, mobile device or tablet
- Internet service provider
Your data will only be collected through lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
Community Forums are public and allow customers to communicate between each other and, possibly, with the general public. Any information posted within Community Forums is public and we recommend against any disclosure of Personal Information or other sensitive information that could be traced, directly or indirectly, to an individual.
Consent and Authorization
By visiting the Site, you are consenting to the use of your information for the aforementioned purposes. On occasion, we may request additional consent in connection with the use or sharing of information for a purpose not stated in this Policy or because the law requires such consent.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may share information with our service providers that provide services to us. Our service providers are subject to confidentiality agreements and other legal restrictions that prohibit the use of any information that we provide them, for any purpose other than for the services we obtain from them.
We will only share information with our affiliate companies in accordance with, and subject to, the terms of this Policy.
Third-Party Websites, Software and Services
Our Site contains links to third-party websites, software and services. Users who access a linked website via the Site may be disclosing information. It is the responsibility of the user to keep information private and confidential. We are not responsible for, nor can we control, the privacy practices of third parties. A third party’s use, storage and sharing of your information is subject to its own privacy policies and not this Policy.
Business Acquisitions or Merges
Information may also be shared with a company that acquires our business, whether through merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or other similar transaction or proceeding.
Retention and Deletion
Simply Connect will retain information as necessary for the purposes outlined in this Policy; as required to carry out legal responsibilities (e.g., legal holds and other legal procedures); to resolve a dispute (including enforcement of a contract); or, as communicated to you at the time of collection. After all applicable retention periods have expired, we will continue using the same safeguards of protection and security outlined in this Policy and related subordinate policies, until the data is destroyed.
We offer users who submit their contact information via the Site the ability to opt–out of future marketing communications via an unsubscribe link embedded within electronic marketing communications. Opting–out means that you will no longer receive:
- Notices from us (including automatic notifications about updates to the Services; or marketing or sales notices from us, including special offers, product enhancement details, event information, etc.
We may update this Policy at any time we deem appropriate to reflect changes in our privacy practices or for other operational, statutory/regulatory or other legal reasons.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information.